In attendance: Cathy Garnett, Brian Hasbrouck, Jane Howard,
Elizabeth Karpati, Ann LeRoyer, Leslie Mayer, David White. Facilitator: Leslie Mayer. Minutes: Elizabeth Karpati
Next meeting: Monday, November 3 at 7:30 PM in the first floor
conference room in the Town Hall Annex (may possibly be moved to Senior
· Cleanup Day, Saturday, October 4, 11 a.m. Meet at
parking lot. DPW will deliver woodchips to Lowell Street at the Lexington
border. About a dozen Girl Scouts, with adult leaders, will come at 12:30
to help with trash pickup.
· Water weeds: Cori (Con Com) will asks Aquatic Control
Technologies to check on weeds in all three major water bodies, and will
find out who got last year's report. Teresa at DPW should have a copy.
· Accounting for the waterbodies fund should be kept in a format
that is easily accessible by all concerned, such as the Con Com and the
Reservoir and Spy Pond Committees.
· A Lexington abutter is planning to replace an old house with a new
one and rectify problems caused by the previous owner - trash dumping and
encroaching beyond the property line.
· The last replacement trees were planted in July. The trees are
doing well except for two which kept getting knocked over, apparently by
teenagers wanting more room for their games. DPW replanted these a couple
of times and then gave up and removed them.
· A "Responsible Dog Owners Day" is planned at the Res beach on
October 25, 9 am - 2 pm, by GoPlay, an indoor dog play group run by two
women. It will be like a mini Town Day for dog owners with vendors,
information, etc. [Event cancelled for a possible Spring date.]