In attendance: Gene Benson, Bryan Hasbrouck, Jane
Howard, Elizabeth Karpati, Ann LeRoyer, Leslie Mayer, David White.
Facilitator: Gene Benson. Minutes: Elizabeth Karpati..
Next meetings: 7:30 p.m Tuesday, June 22, Town Hall Annex.
· Town Meeting has approved the capital plan, which includes the funding for
the dam work: $1.6 million including previously approved funds.
· We need to follow through with John Sanchez on several things such as:
making sure we see the final plans and a timetable; seeing that the stump dump
area is not left a mess (we should now refer to it as the “former stump
dump”); getting repairs to the Hurd Field bridge included if possible.
We should write him a letter including a list of issues; Ann will do first
Cleanup on Saturday June 5:
· We decided to keep our cleanup day on June 5, 9-12, though the Scouts are
not available that day. David and Elizabeth will bring trash bags.
Leslie will arrange to have the parking lot open and get the trash picked up
· The Scouts would be willing to help, e.g. spread mulch, another day, but it
would have to be soon, while the water is low; the beach is due to open
on June 21 and the Res takes about two weeks to fill.
Open House on Sunday, June 27, 12-4:
· Res Committee should have a table at the Open House, to distribute
information and to sign up new members.
· Handout items; Goals; Res booklet; reprint recent article
from Arlington Advocate describing the project; page 1 from website with Res
map, with project area indicated; possibly materials from upcoming Con
Com hearing about the project.
· Gene received a letter from the Town Manager complaining that the Res
minutes after March were missing from the Town website. He replied that
the Res was not an official Town committee and therefore not required to post
minutes, but the Town Counsel seems to think it is required. This matter
is not yet resolved.
· The Stratton School will have a project for fifth-graders like the Bishop
School last year, with a trip to the Res, on June 2 and is looking for
participants from the committee.
· Next meeting was scheduled for June 29, not 12 as shown in the April
minutes, has now been rescheduled to June 22.