In attendance: Brian Hasbrouck, Jane Howard, Elizabeth Karpati, Leslie
Mayer, Jeremy Picard, David White. Facilitator: Leslie Mayer Minutes:
Next meetings: Wed. Oct. 19, 7:30 p.m. Senior Center (enter from
Maple St. driveway);
Wed. Nov.16, 7:30 p.m. Town Hall Annex, Second Floor Conference Room;.
Tues. Dec. 20, 7:30 p.m. Town Hall Annex, First Floor Conference Room.
Town Day (postponed to Sept. 24):
· For display we have a poster made by Leslie and pictures of the dam
project; for handouts we have the brochure and copies of the Advocate
article on the project.
· Tour on Sept. 1 was led by Mark Mitsch. The dam reinforcement is complete,
the old and new overflows are nearly done; the new outflow gate remains to
· Jeremy Picard, a hydrogeologist, came to the meeting because of his
concern about the pile of dirt on the dam (from excavating the new overflow
and the wetlands replication area). It must stay on site because it contains
wood and coal ash and would be costly to dispose of elsewhere. It will
probably be covered with clean soil and planted over. Leslie will ask how
bad the contamination is and how it was determined. The necessary tests cost
abut $350 per sample, per Jeremy.
· Cathy Garnett is still working on the tree plan and landscape plan. The
ash may affect what can be planted (it makes soil more alkaline). It will be
necessary to monitor the site and pull out invasive plants as they arrive,
before they can take over.
· Brian reported that the Hurd Field bridge did get repaved.
· We want another tour after the work is done and before it gets too cold,
possibly on Oct. 15, depending on John Sanchez.
· Because the beach had to close early this year, Park & Rec is considering
giving a discount to this year’s tagholders if they buy tags early next
· The beach may need capital improvements soon. The Reservoir Committee
wants to be kept informed and involved.
· A spring project of improving the Cataldo trail was suggested.
· The trail around the Res has a tree fallen across it near Busa Farm.
· We need to think about whether we want to put anything about the Res in
the next census insert.