In attendance: Bryan Hasbrouck, Jane Howard,
Elizabeth Karpati, Ann LeRoyer, Leslie Mayer, Walter Phillips, Sharon
Stafford, David White. The meeting was facilitated by Gene Benson. The minutes are
by Elizabeth Karpati.
Next meetings: March 22 (2), April 27 (1), May 25 (1), June 29
(2) at 7:30 p.m., Town Hall Annex in conference (room)
Public Meeting on Plans for Dam
· Date to be determined – should be before Town Meeting begins, possibly
April 20 or 21.
· Presentations by John Sanchez and Mark Mitch; should include approximate
· Display items at meeting: From committee: aerial photo, Res
booklet, bird list. From consultant: Map of where steel plates
will go, where the new (additional) spillway will be located.
· Articles in the Advocate and on the Town website; also on the
· Before public meeting: leaflets door-to-door in the neighborhood,
especially Colonial Village and Drake Village, and posted around Res. Get
volunteers for distribution at March 22 meeting.
· Before work begins: leaflets in the same places to warn about
· Money for the work is in the capital plan but must still be voted by Town
Meeting this year.
· For the new spillway, the suggestion was made to have ramps leading down
into it instead of a bridge over it. But this would lessen handicap
access, and the spillway would have to be even wider to provide the same area
for water flow as without ramps.
· Construction wouldn’t interfere with use of the swimming area, but
construction vehicles may use some of the parking lot. Construction of
the new spillway would probably have to be done outside the swimming season,
when water is low.